Ten Boy Scouts won cash awards and other prizes Saturday and Sunday in the first-ever AWAC Boy Scout Art Show. With exhibits shown at the FAME Festival at the Grand Wayne Center in Ft. Wayne, the event marks an expanded collaboration between AWAC and FAME. This year’s winners were:
- Graphic Arts, 15-18 years: Corey Flesher, Troop 33.
- Graphic Arts, 11-14 years: James Langmaid, Troop 349.
- Woodworking: Nathan Fuchs, Troop 2.
- Pottery: Zachary Bishop, Troop 430.
- Sculpture: Evan Bishop, Troop 430.
- Basketry: Justice Murphy, Troop 212.
- Metalworking: Spencer Hoff, Troop 333.
- Photography: Corey Flesher, Troop 33.
- Art, 15-18 years: Nate Winde, Troop 2.
- Art, 11-14 years: Zach Winde, Troop 2.
Zach Winde’s work won Best of Show for the 11-14 year-old group, while Corey Flesher won Best of Show for the 15-18 year-old group.
Projects were placed in respective categories based upon whether they could serve as a project in completion of the respective merit badge.
Cash prizes were donated by AWAC Board Member George Dodd and Hospital Laundry Service. Product prizes were provided by United Art & Education and The Harlem Globetrotters. Classes as prizes were provided by T&J Leather Accents and The Glass Park.
Pictures for these projects will be added to this post tomorrow.